Wisconsin Treatment Centers
Are you seeking help for yourself or a loved one struggling with addiction? Addiction treatment centers are available to free people from the chains of addiction. Our online database provides the most comprehensive listings for drug rehab centers in Wisconsin and across the U.S. Call our free help hotline to speak with a rehab advisor. Recovery is attainable. Call today or search our database to take the first step.
Wisconsin is perhaps the most archetypal Midwestern U.S. state and is famous for its agriculture, universities, beer, cheese, sports, and friendly people. Near the nation's northern border in the middle of the continental landmass, Wisconsin is somewhat in the middle in other ways. Among the fifty states, it ranks 23rd in an area, 20th in population, and 26th in gross domestic product per capita. The Badger State features an almost equal mix of farmers, blue-collar manufacturing workers, and academics. Despite the sometimes frigid temperatures, Wisconsin's population is warm and welcoming.
However, America's Dairyland is not without its challenges. Any place known for its alcohol consumption culture cannot be immune to problems related to drug and alcohol abuse and addiction.
Addiction Statistics in Wisconsin
In terms of some of the most significant data points related to drug abuse, Wisconsin is once again in the middle of the pack. That might give some people the impression that overdoses and serious health problems are not much of an issue there. However, being about "average" in the midst of a national drug epidemic means that many thousands of people in Wisconsin are struggling. Many Badger State residents die each year from drug addictions that begin under the most normal of circumstances, and there is evidence that the crisis is getting worse. Here are the key numbers related to Wisconsin's drug addiction problems:
- According to the CDC, 1,074 people in Wisconsin died due to drug overdoses in 2016, which puts the Badger State 21st with respect to the raw number of drug-related deaths.
- That number of drug overdose deaths works out to 19.3 people per 100,000 in Wisconsin, which is right around the national average and ranks the state 26th in terms of rate of overdose fatalities.
- Much more troubling, this 2016 overdose death rate represents an increase of 24.5% from the 2015 rate of 15.5 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Per 100,000 residents, 62.2 people were prescribed opioids in America's Dairyland in 2016, which represents a steady decline from higher rates in recent years, but still suggests that many Wisconsinites have needlessly become dangerously addicted to opioids as a result of being prescribed such drugs.
- According to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the overall rate of opioid usage has more than doubled since 2005.
- The rates for all opioid-related hospitalizations and deaths have steadily been increasing over the long-term, and heroin-related deaths, in particular, have been sharply increasing.
- While still somewhat lower from a decade ago, overdose deaths involving cocaine have been more common in the past few years in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin's DHS also reports increased usage of methamphetamine in recent years.
- Alcohol abuse is very problematic in Wisconsin as the state features one of the highest binge-drinking rates in the nation, and 1,748 deaths there were attributed to alcohol abuse in 2012.
These detailed drug abuse and addiction statistics tell a much scarier story about Wisconsin than what one might expect upon a cursory glance that indicates that Wisconsin only has average or middling problems with respect to drugs and alcohol. In no U.S. state can drug abuse be taken lightly in this day and age.
At the same time, all individuals who are struggling from early or full-blown effects of drug addiction should know that there are ways out, and they can be assured that they do not have to become statistics. In Wisconsin and across the nation there are numerous resources as well as treatment centers standing by to help.
Rehab Programs in Wisconsin (WI)
|Treatment Approaches||United States||Wisconsin|
|Substance abuse counseling approach||99.2%||99.4%|
|Cognitive behavioral therapy||93.5%||96.6%|
|Brief intervention approach||81.5%||84.3%|
|12-step facilitation approach||74.7%||70.4%|
|Contingency management motivational incentive||55.4%||53.9%|
|Dialectical behavioral therapy||52.3%||53.6%|
|Rational emotive behavioral therapy||46.7%||53.0%|
|Community reinforcement plus vouchers||12.5%||10.7%|
|Payment/Insurance Accepted||United States||Wisconsin|
|Cash or self-payment||91.8%||94.4%|
|Private health insurance||70.0%||81.1%|
|Federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs||53.1%||51.5%|
|State financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid||47.7%||53.8%|
|Military insurance e.g. TRICARE||33.0%||44.2%|
|Access to recovery ATR voucher||9.9%||11.4%|
|IHS Tribal Urban ITU funds||6.9%||9.1%|
|No payment accepted||2.8%||1.0%|
Our addiction resources are aggregated from national databases that exist to help individuals and families find relevant rehabilitation options in their communities.
If you are familiar with the organizations in our directory, we encourage the use of the ratings and reviews functionality of our site to share your feedback with others regarding available addiction treatment resources.
Treatment-Centers.net does not endorse nor directly support any organization in our directory. Those seeking rehab programs, treatment services, or recovery resources are encouraged to verify each provider’s licensing and accreditation.