Tennessee Treatment Centers
Are you seeking help for yourself or a loved one struggling with addiction? Addiction treatment centers are available to free people from the chains of addiction. Our online database provides the most comprehensive listings for drug rehab centers in Tennessee and across the U.S. Call our free help hotline to speak with a rehab advisor. Recovery is attainable. Call today or search our database to take the first step.
Tennessee, humbly known as the Volunteer State, stretches 42,146 square miles with a population of nearly 6 million people. The State has a historical background that is rich with ethnic diversity. Native Americans inhabited the area as far back as 11,000 years ago, it is also home of the infamous "Rebel Flag" which was originally the flag flown by the Confederate troops of the State of Tennessee during the Civil War before eventually being adopted by the majority of Southerners as the main flag and symbol of the Confederate States of America, a flag which is still to this day proudly raised over thousands of homes in Tennessee. The uniquely positioned state borders with eight neighboring states and has been dubbed the smuggler's state by residents of the drug-riddled region.
Drug use in the U.S. has risen by 20% in the past 40 years. Due to this factor Americans have reached an all-time high overdose rate of 50,000+ per year. $350 billion has been spent in the past 5 years alone to combat drugs on the streets in America and the impact on society they cause, nearly 500,000 Americans are in prison currently due to drug offenses. Tennessee is a huge contributor to these statistics as it is ranked in the top 5 of States with the highest drug abuse rates, it is #2 for prescription drug abuse, and #5 for the most violent crimes. Nearly $14 million in relief funds have been set aside for Tennessee to combat the ongoing opioid crisis. Over 10,000 residents are admitted to rehab programs each year due to substance abuse.
|Year||# of Fatal Overdoses|
Drug Addiction Related Statistics for Tennessee
- Major drugs abused in TN include Cocaine, opium, meth, heroin, GHB, LSD, Ecstacy, and prescriptions such as Valium, Xanax, Oxycontin, hydrocodone and other narcotics
- In recent years (2012-2015) doctors have prescribed 15% fewer painkillers
- At the same time fatal opioid o.d. has increased 49%, while fatal heroin o.d. increased 350%
- Heroin-related arrests has risen over 800% in the past 9 years (169 to over 1,500)
- 85% of fatal drug o.d. in TN are white males between the ages of 25 to 34
- Majority of fatal o.d. in TN comes from more than one drug being combined and consumed
- From 08-09 there were over 45,000 drug violations reported by law enforcement
- Babies born with signs of opioid withdraw has risen steadily for the past five years
- Number of foster kids increases each year as parents and family members are charged with drug crimes and other related crimes often fueled by drug use such as theft, fraud, and prostitution
- Less than 5% of opioid users buy their drugs on the street, 70% of opioid users get their supply from friends or family members, and less than 15% actually have a prescription from a doctor
- Emergency Room visits due to opioid abuse has increased by 75% in the past decade
- 60% of Tennessee residents admit to drinking alcohol regularly
- 50% of Tennessee residents admit to using marijuana regularly
Rehabilitation and Drug Treatment Information for Tennessee
The State Department of Mental health provides multiple services and resources to both addicts and their families. Call the Tennessee Red Line at 1-800-889-9789 or visit them on the web at https://www.tn.gov/behavioral-health.html
Rehab Programs in Tennessee (TN)
|Treatment Approaches||United States||Tennessee|
|Substance abuse counseling approach||99.2%||100.0%|
|Cognitive behavioral therapy||93.5%||100.0%|
|Brief intervention approach||81.5%||89.6%|
|12-step facilitation approach||74.7%||77.9%|
|Contingency management motivational incentive||55.4%||45.5%|
|Dialectical behavioral therapy||52.3%||70.1%|
|Rational emotive behavioral therapy||46.7%||49.4%|
|Community reinforcement plus vouchers||12.5%||10.4%|
|Payment/Insurance Accepted||United States||Tennessee|
|Cash or self-payment||91.8%||96.1%|
|Private health insurance||70.0%||87.0%|
|Federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs||53.1%||76.6%|
|State financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid||47.7%||55.8%|
|Military insurance e.g. TRICARE||33.0%||49.4%|
|Access to recovery ATR voucher||9.9%||19.5%|
|IHS Tribal Urban ITU funds||6.9%||10.4%|
|No payment accepted||2.8%|
Our addiction resources are aggregated from national databases that exist to help individuals and families find relevant rehabilitation options in their communities.
If you are familiar with the organizations in our directory, we encourage the use of the ratings and reviews functionality of our site to share your feedback with others regarding available addiction treatment resources.
Treatment-Centers.net does not endorse nor directly support any organization in our directory. Those seeking rehab programs, treatment services, or recovery resources are encouraged to verify each provider’s licensing and accreditation.