South Dakota Treatment Centers
Are you seeking help for yourself or a loved one struggling with addiction? Addiction treatment centers are available to free people from the chains of addiction. Our online database provides the most comprehensive listings for drug rehab centers in South Dakota and across the U.S. Call our free help hotline to speak with a rehab advisor. Recovery is attainable. Call today or search our database to take the first step.
Even though it is a sparsely populated and somewhat isolated state, South Dakota is impacted just like most states by the national drug epidemic. It is unfortunately easy to overlook certain issues in the Mount Rushmore State given its size and location, so highlighting a few facts and figures can be very helpful.
- According to the CDC, overdose deaths in South Dakota have steadily been creeping up in recent years, with 63 such fatalities in 2014, 65 in 2015, and 69 in 2016.
- This results in a gradual increase in the rate of overdose deaths in the state, which as of 2016 sits at 8.4 per 100,000 people, which is well below the national average but still no doubt a cause for concern.
- Perhaps even more alarming is the drastic increase in overdose deaths since 2005 when there were just 40 fatalities, which made for a rate of just 5.5 per 100,000 people.
- A reasonably good predictor of overdose deaths is the rate of opioid prescriptions in a state, which in South Dakota spiked to 61.7 people receiving them per 100,000 in 2014 before slightly declining since then.
- The South Dakota Department of Health reports that every year for the past several more than 300 people are hospitalized due to issues they are having with drug abuse.
- While people in South Dakota may not be getting hit as hard by the opioid epidemic as people have been in other states, one reason might be because methamphetamines are perhaps the more popular drug of choice there with the Department of Health noting that dozens of meth labs are discovered each year that is resulting in thousands of arrests as well as seizure of dozens of pounds of the substance.
- According to the CDC, perhaps the most alarming trend in South Dakota is the fact that the state consistently rates extremely high in the nation in terms of rates of alcohol usage and binge drinking.
All people in South Dakota struggling with any of these substances can find access to information and plenty of treatment options that can ensure that they get the help they need.
|Treatment Approaches||United States||South Dakota|
|Substance abuse counseling approach||99.2%||100.0%|
|Cognitive behavioral therapy||93.5%||96.3%|
|Brief intervention approach||81.5%||84.2%|
|12-step facilitation approach||74.7%||80.2%|
|Contingency management motivational incentive||55.4%||56.4%|
|Dialectical behavioral therapy||52.3%||54.7%|
|Rational emotive behavioral therapy||46.7%||47.9%|
|Community reinforcement plus vouchers||12.5%||11.5%|
|Payment/Insurance Accepted||United States||South Dakota|
|Cash or self-payment||91.8%||93.3%|
|Private health insurance||70.0%||75.1%|
|Federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs||53.1%||55.1%|
|State financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid||47.7%||51.9%|
|Military insurance e.g. TRICARE||33.0%||35.1%|
|Access to recovery ATR voucher||9.9%||11.0%|
|IHS Tribal Urban ITU funds||6.9%||6.1%|
|No payment accepted||2.8%||2.3%|
Our addiction resources are aggregated from national databases that exist to help individuals and families find relevant rehabilitation options in their communities.
If you are familiar with the organizations in our directory, we encourage the use of the ratings and reviews functionality of our site to share your feedback with others regarding available addiction treatment resources.
Treatment-Centers.net does not endorse nor directly support any organization in our directory. Those seeking rehab programs, treatment services, or recovery resources are encouraged to verify each provider’s licensing and accreditation.