Missouri Treatment Centers
Are you seeking help for yourself or a loved one struggling with addiction? Addiction treatment centers are available to free people from the chains of addiction. Our online database provides the most comprehensive listings for drug rehab centers in Missouri and across the U.S. Call our free help hotline to speak with a rehab advisor. Recovery is attainable. Call today or search our database to take the first step.
Addiction Statistics in MissouriOf course, alcohol isn’t the only addictive substance being abused and causing problems in Missouri. Let’s take a look at the numbers:
- More than 17,000 people over the age of 12 received treatment for alcohol dependence or abuse last year.
- About 363,000 adults over age 21 reported heavy alcohol use within the past month.
- Among 12 to 20-year-olds, as many as 14.6% admitted to binge drinking in the past month.
- More than 320,000 people were dependent on alcohol within the past year.
- About 37,000 young people aged 12 to 17 reported illicit drug use in the past 30 days.
- Only 20,000 of these illicit drug users received treatment for their problems.
- About 129,000 individuals over the age of 12 were dependent on illicit drugs in the past year.
- As many as 21,000 adolescents reported nonmedical use of prescription opioids in the past year.
- State highway patrols seized 502 grams of heroin in one year.
- One out of 66 deaths in 2016 was due to opioid or heroin overdose.
- About 3.5% of people aged 18 to 25 used cocaine in the past year.
- Between 2004 to 2012, there were 17,104 meth lab incidents reported in the state.
- About 76.1% of adolescents perceived no significant risk from smoking marijuana once a month.
Local Prevention and Awareness ProgramsOther public and private organizations in the state are doing their part to help bring down the numbers. Learn more about these agencies below.
- Dept of Health and Senior Services
- ACT Missouri
- Missouri Safe and Sober
- Partners in Prevention
If you live in Missouri and would like information about drug rehab facilities in the state, call our toll-free number today. One of our representatives will be available to answer your questions and help you choose a treatment center that is best for your needs.
|Treatment Approaches||United States||Missouri|
|Substance abuse counseling approach||99.2%||98.1%|
|Cognitive behavioral therapy||93.5%||89.4%|
|Brief intervention approach||81.5%||81.4%|
|12-step facilitation approach||74.7%||70.2%|
|Contingency management motivational incentive||55.4%||53.9%|
|Dialectical behavioral therapy||52.3%||44.0%|
|Rational emotive behavioral therapy||46.7%||46.5%|
|Community reinforcement plus vouchers||12.5%||14.2%|
|Payment/Insurance Accepted||United States||Missouri|
|Cash or self-payment||91.8%||91.5%|
|Private health insurance||70.0%||56.7%|
|Federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs||53.1%||50.5%|
|State financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid||47.7%||31.0%|
|Military insurance e.g. TRICARE||33.0%||24.6%|
|Access to recovery ATR voucher||9.9%||8.9%|
|IHS Tribal Urban ITU funds||6.9%||5.9%|
|No payment accepted||2.8%||2.8%|
Our addiction resources are aggregated from national databases that exist to help individuals and families find relevant rehabilitation options in their communities.
If you are familiar with the organizations in our directory, we encourage the use of the ratings and reviews functionality of our site to share your feedback with others regarding available addiction treatment resources.
Treatment-Centers.net does not endorse nor directly support any organization in our directory. Those seeking rehab programs, treatment services, or recovery resources are encouraged to verify each provider’s licensing and accreditation.