Kentucky Treatment Centers
Are you seeking help for yourself or a loved one struggling with addiction? Addiction treatment centers are available to free people from the chains of addiction. Our online database provides the most comprehensive listings for drug rehab centers in Kentucky and across the U.S. Call our free help hotline to speak with a rehab advisor. Recovery is attainable. Call today or search our database to take the first step.
Addiction in the State if Kentucky
The state of Kentucky is best known for its bourbon distilleries, horse-racing, bluegrass music and fried chicken. It gets the nickname “Bluegrass State” from the bluegrass pastures located throughout the state. Residents and visitors in Kentucky enjoy a diverse environment of caves, forests, navigable streams and waterways, and rolling hills. But, as with every state in the U.S., Kentucky also has its share of drug-related problems.
The rate of drug overdose deaths in Kentucky has been steadily increasing over the past decade. More than 1,000 drug-related deaths each year have had an adverse impact on communities, families, and economic stability statewide. In 2015, the drug overdose mortality rate was 29.9% per 100,000 people. In comparison, the nationwide rate was 16.3% per 100, the most significant demographic for overdose deaths are among people 35 to 44 years old.
To get a better idea of the scope of drug problems in Kentucky, let’s take a look at the statistics for each of the most commonly abused drugs in the state.
- About 2.6% of survey respondents admitted using meth in their lifetime.
- Dental costs for restoring meth-mouth are about $5,000 per person.
- More than 34% of overdose deaths in 2016 are attributed to heroin.
- Heroin laced with fentanyl was responsible for 623 overdose de3aths in 2015.
- Fentanyl was detected in about 47% of overdose cases.
- About 67.9% of survey respondents admitted to using cocaine in their lifetime.
- Of those, 13.2% had used cocaine within the past 30 days.
- As many as 98.9% of treatment admissions in 2015 were alcohol-related.
- 11% (342,162) of adults in Kentucky meet the criteria for alcohol abuse (DSM-IV-TR).
- More than 136,500 adults met the DSM criteria for alcohol dependence in the past year.
- As many as 374,884 people need treatment but are not receiving it.
- 24.7% of survey respondents used marijuana in the past 30 days.
- About 54% of them had used marijuana in the past year.
- More than 53,000 marijuana users were between 12 and 17 years old.
- ER visits for opioid-related problems have increased 450% since 1994.
- About 6.6% of Kentuckians used opioids non medically last year.
- In Kentucky, the opioid overdose rate increases about 15% each year.
Overall, an estimated 54,000 workers in Kentucky have substance abuse problems. Of these, about 170,000 have alcohol-related issues.
Local Prevention and Education Programs
To reverse these substance abuse trends in Kentucky, a number of initiatives and programs have been implemented statewide. One of these policies is the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program designed to track and address prescription medication availability. Additional efforts by communities and organizations in the state include the following:
If you need help finding a drug rehab for yourself or a loved one, please call us today. We can recommend a treatment center that is best suited for your needs.
Rehab Programs in Kentucky (KY)
|Treatment Approaches||United States||Kentucky|
|Substance abuse counseling approach||99.2%||96.3%|
|Cognitive behavioral therapy||93.5%||88.0%|
|Brief intervention approach||81.5%||79.6%|
|12-step facilitation approach||74.7%||86.1%|
|Contingency management motivational incentive||55.4%||61.1%|
|Dialectical behavioral therapy||52.3%||37.0%|
|Rational emotive behavioral therapy||46.7%||39.8%|
|Community reinforcement plus vouchers||12.5%||16.7%|
|Payment/Insurance Accepted||United States||Kentucky|
|Cash or self-payment||91.8%||88.8%|
|Private health insurance||70.0%||49.5%|
|Federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs||53.1%||75.7%|
|State financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid||47.7%||37.4%|
|Military insurance e.g. TRICARE||33.0%||12.1%|
|Access to recovery ATR voucher||9.9%||15.0%|
|IHS Tribal Urban ITU funds||6.9%||8.4%|
|No payment accepted||2.8%||4.7%|
Our addiction resources are aggregated from national databases that exist to help individuals and families find relevant rehabilitation options in their communities.
If you are familiar with the organizations in our directory, we encourage the use of the ratings and reviews functionality of our site to share your feedback with others regarding available addiction treatment resources.
Treatment-Centers.net does not endorse nor directly support any organization in our directory. Those seeking rehab programs, treatment services, or recovery resources are encouraged to verify each provider’s licensing and accreditation.