Illinois Treatment Centers
Are you seeking help for yourself or a loved one struggling with addiction? Addiction treatment centers are available to free people from the chains of addiction. Our online database provides the most comprehensive listings for drug rehab centers in Illinois and across the U.S. Call our free help hotline to speak with a rehab advisor. Recovery is attainable. Call today or search our database to take the first step.
Addiction Problems in Illinois
Located in the Midwestern region of the United States, Illinois is the sixth most populous state in the nation. The landscape gives way to rolling prairies and hills, thus the nickname, “The Prairie State.” But, with a population of 12.8 million people, there are plenty of opportunities for things to go wrong. For instance, drug-related crime and deaths are rampant across the state. In 2016, more than 2,350 Illinoisans died from drug overdoses. In 2016, more than 2,350 Illinoisans died from drug overdoses. According to the National Safety Council, more than 80% of those deaths are from opioids and heroin overdoses.
A significant part of the drugs distributed across the Midwest comes through Chicago. Chicago's location makes it an ideal major distribution center for drug traffickers. Also, Chicago-based street gangs control the cocaine, heroin, and marijuana distribution. Drug-related violent crime is a significant criminal threat statewide.
Addiction Statistics - Illinois
The following statistics expand on the drug-related problems discussed above:
- More than 694,000 adults over the age of 21 reported heavy alcohol abuse within the past month.
- About 16% of high school students admitted to having 5 or more drinks in a few hours time in the past month.
- More than 36% of high school students admitted to using marijuana more than once.
- Approximately 1,027,000 people over the age of 12 used marijuana in the past year.
- About 5% of high school students admitted to using cocaine more than once in their lifetime.
- Individuals between 12 and 17 admitted to using cocaine or other illicit drugs in the past month.
- More than 29,000 individuals received treatment for illicit drug addictions in 2014.
- About 40,000 people aged 12 to 17 admitted to using prescription opioids for nonmedical reasons in the past year.
- About 4% of high school students admitted the recreational use of opioids in the past year.
- Opioids killed 45% more people than homicides, and 25% more than motor vehicle crashes.
- In Chicago, more than 15,350 people received treatment for heroin-related problems in one year alone.
- Meth lab incidents rose by 53% between 2010 and 2014 in Illinois.
- About 2% of drug treatment episodes were attributed to meth in 2012, surpassing heroin, alcohol, and marijuana.
In an effort to combat addiction problems in the state, The Illinois Prescription Monitoring Program is in effect to monitor controlled substances. This is a nationwide program sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Local Prevention and Education Programs
In the state of Illinois, other organizations are increasing their efforts to provide drug prevention and education programs in local communities. Some of those agencies include, but are not limited to:
- Illinois Elks Association
- Lillian and Larry Goodman Foundation
- Prevention First
- Alcohol and Drug Prevention Illinois
Drug and alcohol abuse and addictions are causing problems in every city and state across the US. Prevention and education programs are making a difference, but there are still people who need help for addiction. If you or someone you love needs treatment for substance abuse, please call our toll-free number today. We can help you choose a facility program that is best suited to your needs.
Rehab Programs in Illinois (IL)
|Treatment Approaches||United States||Illinois|
|Substance abuse counseling approach||99.2%||99.4%|
|Cognitive behavioral therapy||93.5%||92.3%|
|Brief intervention approach||81.5%||79.9%|
|12-step facilitation approach||74.7%||79.0%|
|Contingency management motivational incentive||55.4%||61.2%|
|Dialectical behavioral therapy||52.3%||44.4%|
|Rational emotive behavioral therapy||46.7%||47.3%|
|Community reinforcement plus vouchers||12.5%||15.7%|
|Payment/Insurance Accepted||United States||Illinois|
|Cash or self-payment||91.8%||88.9%|
|Private health insurance||70.0%||54.5%|
|Federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs||53.1%||58.4%|
|State financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid||47.7%||36.2%|
|Military insurance e.g. TRICARE||33.0%||21.0%|
|Access to recovery ATR voucher||9.9%||8.7%|
|IHS Tribal Urban ITU funds||6.9%||7.2%|
|No payment accepted||2.8%||4.5%|
Our addiction resources are aggregated from national databases that exist to help individuals and families find relevant rehabilitation options in their communities.
If you are familiar with the organizations in our directory, we encourage the use of the ratings and reviews functionality of our site to share your feedback with others regarding available addiction treatment resources.
Treatment-Centers.net does not endorse nor directly support any organization in our directory. Those seeking rehab programs, treatment services, or recovery resources are encouraged to verify each provider’s licensing and accreditation.